Monday, June 11, 2012

Choosing the right college or university is one of the most important decisions a teen will have to make. There are many aspects that must be considered when making such a life impacting decision. First you have to choose a possible major; then you have to check to see what schools have that major; then you have to decide if you want to attend a PWI or an HBCU; then you have to decide on whether you want to stay in-state or go out-of-state. That's a lot, right? Nevertheless, this tedious process must be done in order to NOT be one of those students who drop out after 1 or 2 semesters because college is "not what you thought it would be."

When this time came for me, I was prepared. I had done a lot of research and had gone on a lot of college tours. All I had to decide on was which one fits me best. I decided I would major in accounting and that I would stay in-state (even though I had offers from some great out-of-state D1 schools). After numerous college tours and a little bit of research, I found that ALBANY STATE UNIVERSITY was the school for me.

ALBANY STATE UNIVERSITY has a great business program so my mind was at ease about getting a proper education and being prepared post undergrad. Campus life was said to be extremely fun at ASU so I felt I would be comfortable with my social life. Sports are HUGE at ASU (mainly football) and I'm a sports fanatic, so I knew I would be thoroughly entertained. When all of these things come together, my decision was pretty simple. BUT IT IS SO HARD TO BE A GOLDEN RAM!!

2 comments:

  1. I believe that you made a great choice by attending that college because its somewhere where you felt like the school was for you!

    ReplyDelete